- We evaluate and recommend patients to the New Jersey Medical Marijuana Program who have or suffer from the approved state medical conditions and have either responded poorly or not at all to reasonable conventional medical approaches by bringing in a medical record with X-ray report or a doctor’s evaluation/recommendation to the program for such conditions.We address the unresolved symptoms through:
- Evaluation of: patients who qualify for the NJ Medical Marijuana Program (NJMMP) through history and physical assessment conducted by one of our physicians throughout our New Jersey locations.
- Recommendation of: those patients who qualify, per the state’s regulations, to the NJMMP based upon a Dr/Patient bonafide relationship through consultation and physical assessment.
- We Monitor: the patients positive results regarding the conditions for which they originally presented.
- Patients MUST read our website completely and become familiar with the steps of the evaluation process BEFORE their initial office visit.
- IMPORTANT; ALL PATIENTS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THEIR REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AT THE TIME OF THEIR APPOINTMENT. IF YOU FAIL TO BRING ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WE WILL NOT EVALUATE OR INITIATE YOUR REGISTRATION PROCESS.
- It is important that patients inform the doctor at the time of their initial visit and on every follow up visit of the other medications they are taking. This is especially important if the patient is taking medication for pain, chemotherapy, or blood thinners as medical cannabis may interact with these types of medications. The patient must also be sure to inform their Physician’s who are prescribing other medications that they are on the medical cannabis program so that they may monitor and possibly change the dose of their medication.
- PATIENTS MUST ATTEND A 30 BUSINESS (6 WEEKS) (there is no fee for this 30 day consultation) DAY FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENT WHEN THE PURCHASE OF THEIR NJ MMP CARD FROM THE STATE IS STILL PENDING TO ENSURE THERE ARE NO DELAYS IN OBTAINING YOUR CARD. ALL PATIENTS MUST COMPLETE A VISIT EVERY 90 DAYS TO RENEW THEIR PRESCRIPTION. PATIENTS ARE ADVISED TO CONTACT THE DISPENSARY PRIOR TO EACH VISIT TO CHECK THEIR PRESCRIPTION STATUS. PATIENTS CAN CALL ( 609-292-0424 ) OR GO ONLINE TO CHECK THEIR STATUS AT www.njmmp.nj.gov.
- CAUTION: MEDICAL CANNABIS MAY HAVE SYNERGISTIC AND ADDED EFFECTS WHEN COMBINED WITH OTHER MEDICATIONS, ALCOHOL, AND OR SUPPLEMENTS. PATIENTS MUST CONSULT WITH THEIR PRESCRIBING AND TREATING PHYSICIANS PRIOR TO CONSUMPTION OF ANY FORM OF MEDICAL CANNABIS (see information section above on drug interaction).
- IF IT COMES TO THE ATTENTION OF THE DOCTOR THAT A PATIENT IS PURCHASING ANY CANNABIS OUTSIDE OF THE DISPENSARY (ON THE STREET, ONLINE, OUT OF STATE, MAIL ORDER ETC.) THEY WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISCHARGED FROM THIS PRACTICE. THE DISPENSARIES ARE THERE TO ENSURE THE PATIENTS SAFETY IN REGARDS TO THE MEDICINAL USE OF CANNABIS, STRAINS, MODE OF USE, ETC.
- PATIENTS WITH PTSD, WHO ARE ON MEDICATION FOR THEIR PTSD, MUST HAVE THEIR TREATING PHYSICIAN APPROVE THEIR USE OF MEDICAL CANNABIS, SINCE THE TREATING MD IS THE ONE TREATING THE ACTUAL CONDITION OF PTSD.
- Patients must bring updated medical records for their 2 year RENEWAL WITH THE STATE only IF EITHER THEIR CONDITION OR THEIR TREATMENT(S) HAVE CHANGED.
Phone calls & Voicemail:
NJ Green MD Staff does not answer phone calls or respond to voicemail during our patient appointments so that we may provide our undivided attention to our patient’s in person.
Voicemail left on our phone system will be responded to with a 24 hour minimum response time. Be advised that sporadically, during times of high call volume, our voicemail box will fill up and/or our response times will increase. If this is the case, please email our staff your inquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org, please also allow a 24 hour minimum response time for email inquiries.
Existing patients please email inquiries to email@example.com. Our minimum response time is 24 hours and we thank you in advance for your patience. Please contact your treating physician with medical concerns, or emergency services in the case of a medical emergency.
Attention to all female patients:
- If you are pregnant you will not be renewed until AFTER your delivery OBGYN writes a note to the doctor at njgreenmd stating they are aware and clearly state that it is their opinion that the benefits of medical cannabis use outweigh the potential risks of its use during your pregnancy and breastfeeding if applicable.
- If you are Breastfeeding you will also NOT be renewed in the program until you are COMPLETELY done Breastfeeding.
- Pregnant women should COMPLETELY stop the use of medical cannabis during both pregnancy and breastfeeding and will not be renewed in the program.
- Patients who qualify under the State’s guidelines for medicinal marijuana must first try a full spectrum of alternative treatments BEFORE they contact our practice.
Examples of Alternative treatments Include:
- Physical Therapy
- Pain management when applicable
- If in the doctors opinion a patient has not made an earnest attempt to try alternative treatments the patient will not pass the doctor’s evaluation for admittance to the program.
- Upon any renewal period if the doctor feels that the patient may be using medicinal cannabis in a non-medicinal manner, the patient will not be renewed and will be referred elsewhere, regardless of the length of time that the patient has been in the program.
- Any patient transferring to NJGreenMD MUST provide medical proof that qualfied them with the other practice regardless of whether they already have a MMC Card.
- Please do not call our practice to schedule your appointments. All appointments are scheduled through our online scheduling system.
- Patients are strongly recommended to review our ploicies and the NJMMP guidelines before contacting our practice.
- There is an approximate waiting period of 30 BUSINESS DAYS for your card after the state has received all of the required documents.
- No refunds on any fees charged or doctor’s consultations.
- It is your responsibility to follow up 30 Business days after being issued the Attending Physician’s Statement. If you do not receive communication via email or telephone after the first 30 business days, you may contact them. The telephone number to reach the State is (609)292-0424
- Patients with caregivers must add an additional 14 days for state registration.
- Caregivers are required to do a background check and fingerprints.
- Any court request regarding the use of medical cannabis, must go to our records department. We will be happy to supply at no charge the physician statement of the patient’s last visit and the data if their start.
- Patient should inform their treating physicians primary/specialists that they are on medical cannabis.The doctor can be reached by website as listed on our contact page or through prior arranged video consult after receipt of written patient authorization
- We are NOT a diagnostic or treatment center. We only evaluate and help qualified patients register for the state of New Jersey Medical Marijuana Program (Patients are required to follow up with their treating/diagnosing physician). Patient must follow up for re-evaluation and renewal within EVERY 90 DAYS in order to be able to make purchases at the dispensary.
- In order to stay active within the state program and be able to make purchases at the dispensary patients need to be re-evaluated by the doctor within every 90 day period. According to New Jersey State guidelines, if a patient does not follow up to be re-evaluated by the doctor within a 90 day period they will still remain registered in the NJMMP however they will not be able to make purchases at the dispensary until they are re-evaluated.additionally patients non compliant with follow up visits may be discharged from the practice at the doctors discretion and directed to the NJMMP list of providers to obtain another NJMMP physician
Open Access Policy for Established Patients
In order to provide patients with a better and complete understanding of the NJMMP we welcome our patients to schedule unlimited FREE follow up sessions at any time where they would like to consult with the doctor. These free unlimited follow up appointments are by appointment only and are not to be used for 90 day or 2 year follow up visits.
- Please remember if for some reason at the time of the interview you are undecided during or after speaking with the doctor or staff you are not obligated to sign up for the program at that time. You will not be billed. You can return at another time and continue if you wish or simply decide to go elsewhere or not participate in the program at all.
- *ACTIVE PATIENT 2 YEAR FOLLOW UP VISIT FEE $100 (This is a separate fee from , your 90 day prescription/renewal)
- *INACTIVE PATIENT 2 YEAR FOLLOW UP VISIT FEE $150 (This is a separate fee from , your 90 day prescription/renewal)
- Cannabis is not known as a cure, treatment, or diagnostic tool for any particular disease or medical condition and should not be combined with alcohol.
- Cannabis should be used with caution when taken in conjunction with pain medications.
- Potential dependance on cannabis is possible and signs of dependence should be reported to the doctor
- Patients must carry their Medical Marijuana Program (MMP) card and state id card at all times.
- Patients must keep medical marijuana (MMJ) in original labeled packaging.
- MMJ shall not be shared or redistributed
- Possession of paraphernalia is permitted when used for the purpose of consuming MMJ
- Growing cultivating or possessing a Cannabis plant is NOT allowed.
- Medical Marijuana can not be acquired from any source other than a state approved Alternative Treatment Center (ATC).
- Medical Cannabis may NOT be taken across state lines
- Patients are NOT allowed to consume Medical Cannabis in a school bus, public transportation, or in a private vehicle while in operation.
- Please refer to the New Jersey Medical Marijuana program rules and conditions: https://njmmp.nj.gov/njmmp/
- *PATIENTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO USE CAUTION AND CONSULT WITH THEIR TREATING PHYSICIAN REGARDING CANNIBAS USE IN CONJUNCTION WITH PRESCRIBED MEDICATIONS TO AVOID ANY SYNERGISTIC ADDITIVE EFFECTS
Patient Guidelines for Interaction with our Staff
NJ Green MD evaluates and completes physician recommendations based upon the state’s list of qualifying conditions for medical cannnabis. Patients are NOT to solicit staff or the Doctor with marketing, business opportunities, patient referrals or any other unrelated non-medical topics. Visits are for medical purposes only and solicitation of our Staff is strictly prohibited. Thank you.
Qualifying Patients wishing to be evaluated can refer to our website or the NJ State program website for more information.
Additionally our patients should understand that we do not discuss strains or the specifics of marijuana. The dispensary discusses strains and specifics of cannabis, while we focus on Dosage.